Edin Dzeko was shocked to be shown a red card after he pulled down a player’s pants during Bosnia-Herzegovina’s 2018 FIFA World Cup qualifier against Greece.

Dzeko and Kyriakos Papadopoulos saw red in the 79th minute, the former receiving a second yellow after pulling down the shorts of Sokratis Papastathopoulos.

The World Cup qualifier in Piraeus finished in a 1-1 draw after Georgios Tzavellas netted a late equaliser, cancelling out Miralem Pjanic’s first-half opener.

Dzeko was left unhappy with his sending off, saying: “I got a red card for no reason, I don’t know why.
“The referee says I started the whole thing, but I was the only one ending on the floor, so how could I have started it?”


Labels:

Post a Comment

Author Name

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Theme images by diane555. Powered by Blogger.